Nicki Minaj slammed for Westminster Bridge scene in ‘No Frauds’ music video
Nicki Minaj is getting plenty of attention these days, but it’s not for one of her usual racy ensembles.
The 34-year-old American rapper released a new music video titled “No Frauds” where she’s seen on England’s Westminster Bridge.
A post shared by I.am.king.dancer.1 (@l.am.king.dancer.1) on Apr 19, 2017 at 6:00pm PDT
The Sun reported that the video was filmed the day before the terror attack at the site on March 22. Ahead of the video’s release, a source said that the footage of the bridge wouldn’t make the final cut out of respect for the victims.
“When everybody involved in the project heard the news they were devastated and thought it would be in bad taste to feature it,” said the source to the UK-based publication. “The other London scenes will remain, but it’s highly doubtful the bridge footage will make the cut.”
However, when Minaj unveiled the video on Wednesday, the scenes had been included.
She told Vevo it was “the best video” she’s ever released.
Viewers quickly slammed the entertainer, stating that it was “too soon.”
I thought Nicki was editing out those shots of Westminster bridge
— Betsy Braddock (@ethanxrih) April 19, 2017
— beverley3007 (@beverley3007) April 19, 2017
The attack on March 22 saw five people killed.
Despite Minaj’s decision, some fans also took to social media and supported the entertainer.
— Katie Ryan (@KatieInspireLS) April 20, 2017
Why are people kicking off about Nicki Minaj video on #westminsterbridge, life has to go on or the terrorist WIN. ?. ????????
— TJF 70 (@FairfieldTracie) April 20, 2017
— Ja’Kevin (@OfficalPoodie) April 20, 2017