YouTube Monetization Options Section Updated

YouTube recently added a new visual way to select different ads types in your videos. Watch to the end where I share a huge secret on making more money with having ads trigger at different times.

Share this Video: ➜ https://youtu.be/Ra_ZfdmMZE4

Get More Great Tips – Subscribe ➜ http://goo.gl/dWNo9H

YouTube Channel Evaluations

Be the Next Lucky Subscriber to get an In-depth Channel Evaluation:

2. Must be uploading good quality content frequently to your YouTube Channel and really trying hard to make it

3. Must be engaged in my channel by liking, commenting, posting, sharing and encouraging others to subscribe to my channel.

SCHEDULE

YouTube Channel Evaluations

Other Great Resources
YouTube UnderGround Google Community

Ask me A Question

YouTube Monetization Options Updated

1. Elle Is For Living says

Wow, I would think this would be very annoying to viewers to have ads in
    the middle of the video. I don’t think I will be using this (maybe the
    ‘end’ ad feature only) Not sure how many people would want to deal with
    that. Maybe if they really loved the content like you saic. Thanks for the
    info. ♥ Elle

1. Maria De Noda says

+Elle Is For Living I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think it would
      work for my channel, but maybe for longer videos like documentaries they
      could work as an “intermission”

2. SugarPuffAndFluff says

Thank you for always keeping us informed, I can’t keep up with all the
    changes lol, but you make it easier and I really appreciate all that you do.
    xoxoNisha

1. Ben Arkell says

+SugarPuffAndFluff Glad I’m not the only one who can’t find the time to
      keep up with everything! 🙂

2. Magic Mitch says

+SugarPuffAndFluff My thoughts exactly! It’s quite a connivence!

3. The Awl-Nighter says

Is there a reason the ad breaks section of the monetization tab might not
    be showing up???

1. Lacey Shih Tzu says

+Tom
      Thanks for this, Tom. I was wondering why I could not find that option 😉

2. Derral Eves says

+Tom Thanks for the explanation Tom!

3. Tom says

No problem guys!

4. Tania M says

+Derral Eves I cannot monetize my videos as there is no monetize button
      ANYWHERE in my settings. Believe me…it’s just not there. What could cause
      this? I have been reading and reading and MANY people are having this
      problem, it’s not just me. And I don’t think it’s because your video has to
      be longer than 10 minutes. HELP!!!

5. HowToDoStuffWatchHre says

+Tania M Tania – If you don’t see “Monetization” on your videos, it’s
      probably because your channel isn’t monetized yet. You need to make a
      request for monetization. To initiate the monetization request for your
      channel, the first thing you need is a Google AdSense account (it’s free to
      sign up). (If you eventually have more than one channel, all of your
      channels can point to the one AdSense account for YT to pay you.) Then, to
      request monetization on your channel, when you’re logged in to your YT
      account, go into Creator Studio. On the left panel under “Channel”, click
      “Monetization”. You’ll find instructions there. (My channels are already
      monetized, so my screen on that page will look different from your
      channel’s screen.)

Some people will say you can initiate the monetization of a channel before
      opening your AdSense account. But I think it’s easier to open the AdSense
      account first. (All 3 of my channels were approved for monetization within
      24 hours of making the request.)

After monetization is approved by YouTube for your channel, you’ll need to
      go back to each existing video to turn on monetization. When you’re in
      “edit mode” on the video, right below the video you’ll see the word
      “Monetization”. Click that. Then you’ll see the words “Monetize with Ads”
      and a slider button. Slide that over so that it turns blue and has a
      checkmark. (That’s how it works today in Jan. 2016.)

The last thing you’ll do is set up your new videos to default to be
      monetized. Under the “Channel” section, click “Upload Defaults”. On that
      page, for “Monetization”, click the checkbox for “Monetize with Ads”. Then
      in the upper right corner, click the blue “Save” button.

Feel free to comment back to me after you initiate the monetization
      request. I don’t know how long YouTube is taking to approve monetization
      requests. Back when I did it, some people were being denied. Looking at
      your channel, it looks like you only have 5 videos. Is that correct?

4. Simonb1471 says

Funny how YouTube won’t be paying out any CPM in November when users are
    using the 30 day free trial of YouTube Red when November is the highest CPM
    month

1. Derral Eves says

+Simonb1471 Weird I thought they announced they were.

2. Think Yourself Slim says

+Derral Eves I’m already showing Youtube Red earnings so they must be
      paying out. : )

3. Simonb1471 says

+ThinkYourselfSlim thanks for people who have paid not the people using the
      free trial.

4. Simonb1471 says

+ThinkYourselfSlim that’s

5. Think Yourself Slim says

+Simonb1471 Thanks for clarifying. If that’s the case, not so great for
      content creators. Thanks for letting me know.

5. TechLineHD says

Hey Derral, a spontaneous marketing guy. I’ve learnt from you a lot. Do you
    still do channel evaluations? Thank you!

1. Derral Eves says

+TechLineHD Yes… I do! I have a few coming your way soon!

2. TechLineHD says

+Derral Eves Thanks a lot! That would mean a lot to me!

6. Steve Douglas The Catfish Dude says

Mr. Eves thanks for your videos, i have monetizing with youtube for awhile
    now and was satisfied up until folks started copying and uploading my
    videos, I contacted Youtube and they have told me that i have to fill out a